Sunday, August 31, 2008

... And a Word-Smith Rears His Ugly Head

At long last, 'tis I ... the Many-Named-One. I have finally decided to blog after so many years of non-blogging. Let me give a little history:


Back in grade school our school was having a 'blog-off'' (a blog race of sorts), and I was a bit nervous because I wasn't the fastest blogger. Well, at the starting line I was so nervous that I started too soon. I gained a huge head-start over everyone else, yet no one seemed to notice! I finished first, in record time, and everyone was stunned! All hailed this achievement, except for the kid who had been, until that race, the blog champion. He didn't believe I could blog that fast. So with his suspicion, and the blog coach's constant pestering for me to join the school blog team, I realized I couldn't validate my win in any future race. So I began saying, when asked, "I choose not to blog!"


Okay Seinfeld fans, I hope you enjoyed that. For those of you who don't know, I stole this story from a Seinfeld episode. In grade school there was no blogging, no Internet, or even Windows. I guess Al Gore was still working on that. I wrote this because I just couldn't think of what to say, but I'll come up with something soon. Just a little taste of my warped humor.

No comments: