Friday, February 20, 2009

Not As Great A Selling Point As Advertised

Okay, so I contribute about as much to this blog as I do to dinner preparation ... yeah, you guessed correctly: not much. However, I am going to try a bit harder to fulfill some of these obligations.

So, E's birthday was last week and we decided we would take her to the Build-A-Bear Worshop as a nice birthday surprise. We spent the 1st 15 minutes deciding which type of empty plush animal carcass E would like best, reminding her that she would be going to bed each night holding this new best friend. When she finally decided upon a Black Labrador puppy, we explained to her that she didn't get to just take the display model, but that we picked an empty shell with which we would then GET to stuff with fluffy white innards. She quickly developed a somewhat cross expression on her face and questioned matter-of-factly: "Why do I have to stuff my own puppy?"
So, Build-A-Bear Workshop, I would like to thank you and your faulty business model for ruining my 4-year-old's birthday. Incidentally, we also thought it funny/cute that when it came to actually stuffing her puppy (which she later named Shadow), she thought it too stiff and asked if it could be made more 'spongy'. No wonder E has her own TV channel.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Funny story! I can just the look on her face as she denounced the BAB people. Nice! And yes, I do hope you pay more attention to your blog, I love reading your stories!

S

The Buckner Fam said...

Wes got a Build a Bear Dog for Christmas...but I did the stuffing myself because I knew there would be major drama if he was involved in the decision making. The girls working there thought I was a cold-hearted ykw because I just wanted the dog and nothing else...not even a heart. And Wes LOVES that dog!

And why oh why are we not on your list of people you like!!!!!!!??????

DirknRory said...

Hey you!! Love your blog! You're SO funny! Love ya, ror