Friday, November 21, 2008

Yippee Skippee, I've been tagged!

O.K. First of all, am I the only one who watched "muppet babies" while growing up? I always loved Mrs. Piggy (or, rather, Baby Piggy) saying "yippee skippy". You'll notice I spelled Skippy different ways, but that is because I'm not sure which is the right spelling for the saying! Anyway.

8 TV shows I enjoy watching when I have time and would like to chill:
1. The Office
2. Gavin and Stacey--so bad, but I looooove it
3. Scrapbook Memories
4. Pushing Daisies (who talks like that?!?)
5. The Soup--again, so bad, but l-o-v-e it!
6. Coupling--o.k. THREE REALLY naughty shows, but what can I say...I'm naughty :)
7. 30 Rock--is it sad that I identify with Tina Fey's character waaaay too much?
8. Worst Week. Becuase I can be reassured that I'm not THE clumsiest person on the planet. Oh, wait...he's fictional, isn't he? Darn.

8 Things that happened yesterday:
1. Screamed at the kids until they got ready for school. Er, I mean, got the cute little kiddos ready for school.
2. Listened to my name being said over the radio as my gal pal Amy called in to tell a story! I know, and I just happened to be listening!!!
3. Cleaned my living room like a mad woman in preparation for my visiting teachers...didn't finish, but oh well.
4. Visited with my awesome visiting teachers
5. Picked up my kiddos and let them choose the music (read: gave up on trying to convince them to change the cd) and listened to the Chipmunk soundtrack for the 3rd time in 2 days. I really deserve a medal or something for that, don't I?
6. Ate doughnuts for after school snack with the kids--gee, I hope nobody from my 'chubby buddy' group are reading this...
7. Went to the library with kids.
8. Finished reading Ender's Game.

8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Dinner tomorrow with The Becks
2. The primary sacrament meeting presentation. More like just looking to get it over with!
3. Thanksgiving!
4. Christmas!
5. My next Chubby Buddy meeting.
6. Getting some genealogy done, now that I've got Dad's help!
7. Christmas party at Buck's work. (because I love Dave's and Mike's wives)
8. Getting E out of our bed! She has recently decided she needs "a snuggle" in the middle of the night and sneaks in when we're asleep. Little stinker.

8 Things I love about Fall:
1. the heat is over
2. Thanksgiving
3. looking at leaves...not raking them. ugh.
4. it is now appropriate to drink hot cocoa and snuggle under a blanket with a good book.
5. o.k., this is so embarrassing, but I love seeing what new T.V. shows are coming out.
6. baking cookies doesn't make my house overly hot anymore.
7. O.K. Don' tell Buck this, but I secretly love that he is so happy that football is on again. Seriously, it's better than Christmas for him. I just hate when he's upset about a game. I just don't get it. Sorry.
8. Um, the streets are not as bad as in Winter. Sorry, but I'm at a loss for what I might love about Fall.

8 Things on my wish list:
1. a better job for Buck, where they appreciate him!
2. a home that fits my family.
3. a magical fairy to come to my home and make me and it fully organized.
4. another vacation with Dirk and Rory
5. travel with my hubby.
6. for my sisters to find happiness and love again.
7. to be the kind of mom my kids deserve...even though they drive me crazy.
8. for boobs that no longer drag on the floor, o.k., I know it's shallow, but I used to be so perky!

8 people I am tagging:
1. Stephanie P.
2. Stephanie N.
3. Rory
4. Carrie
5. Kelly
6. Donna
7. Mo
8. Randi

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

For you, I answered the questions...what's chubby buddies?

Adrienne said...

A bunch of us from church meet Tuesday mornings to set goals, check in, learn something new/helpful/inspiring about getting and staying healthy (and slim!) They might be starting an evening one, too. It's not a RS group or anything, just people who decided to do it. I have talked about you frequently there as inspiration, just FYI. I think you are awesome with your 'no sugar added'!

Stephanie said...

Thanks :-) Writing in my blog no sugar blog makes me feel accountable...even if no one is reading it..I am publicly accountable. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sam (aka Superwoman) said...

I laughed, I cried....

Sam (aka Superwoman) said...

I laughed. I cried